Monday, March 18, 2013

Night skincare routine

My favourite time of day is without a doubt bedtime. Mainly because i get to sleep but partly because it's the only time of day that is guaranteed to allow me time to pamper my skin. Whether I've been running around like a headless chicken all day or not I will always dedicate a chunk of my evening to skincare. With so many amazing products floating around it can be hard to come up with a regular skin routine, but here's my bedtime routine that I've stuck to over the last few weeks. 


As a creature of habit I always use make up wipes to remove the bulk of my make up. I then use a eye make up remover to ensure all my mascara is wiped away. Garner Fresh essentials has been my number one choice for some time and i don't see that changing! I have very sensitive eyes which means i'm careful about the products i use but this is so gentle I've never had any problems. It also has extracts of grape which gives it a fresh and fruity smell as well as a soothing feel on the skin. Once I've removed my make up i wash my face to get rid of any leftover grime, my current bedtime face wash is Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ cleanser. This is a 3-in-1 product that can be used as a cleanser, scrub or mask, although i prefer it as a scrub. It's very creamy and soft which makes it perfect for my blemish prone skin! I've been really impressed with this product as it's given me really soft skin without stripping all my natural oils away. Once I've done this I use a toner, Clarins Toning lotion has been a firm favourite for some time now (I'm on my third bottle!) and is one I've mentioned before (you can find the review here). I love it because it leaves my skin feeling really cleansed and fresh, Once I've done this and i feel my skin is suitably clean i move on to my moisturising routine. I've been drawn to pore refining products recently as i have some large-ish pores on my nose, and Dr Jart's Up-tighten serum has proven to be a very successful treatment. It comes in the form of a gel and slides easily onto the skin once the skin has been toned. I've been using this product for a few weeks and have definitely noticed results when applying my make up. After this i normally use an all-over moisturiser. I love Garnier's new Moisture Match range, and my moisturiser of choice is their Revitalising and hydrating gel. I adore anything for dull skin as i'm always aiming for a glowing complexion and this product is perfect for brightening. The consistency is quite thick and a little goes a long way. It's perfect for my combination skin and doesn't irritate my spots. Lastly and just before i go to bed i apply a lip balm. My favourite at the moment is  the Elizabeth Arden Eight hour cream. This is a classic balm and one that I had heard lots of fantastic things about. On initial purchase i was under the impression that it was designed for extremely dry or damaged skin, but I've found it is also a perfect remedy for cracked lips. Applying it just before sleep means that without any effort i wake up with lovely soft lips. 

Garnier Revitalising and hydrating gel - £5.99

No comments:

Post a Comment