Tuesday, March 12, 2013

On my face this week #3

After a crazily busy week and with parents evening looming my beauty routine has been seriously reduced this week. With very little time on my hands (due to some ridiculously early mornings) i have been reaching for some very simple products that require absolutely no effort.



My main concern this week has been covering my huge black circles that have decided to attach themselves permanently to my peepers. For this i have been using L'oreal True match Touch Magique in Rose Beige. This concealer is an absolute life saver for covering up dark circles and blemishes (my ultimate enemies) as it not only conceals but illuminates the area. I apply this underneath my foundation and i find it really brightens my eyes. This product has a small brush attached to the end of it which makes it really easy to apply and blend. I also find this product lasts all day without drying my skin out, an absolute must have in any make up bag!

I've been trying to avoid using foundation this week to give my skin a bit of a breather as i've had a few break outs this month. Instead i have been using The Body shops all-in-one BB Cream. I'm a bit behind on the BB craze and I've only been using this for the last few months but i have been impressed with the results. The product comes out as a white pigmented cream which immediately transforms to match your skin tone. The cream is described as light-medium coverage and i would say it's definitely leaning towards the light end. It blends beautifully into the skin, and when accompanied with a concealer (on those areas that need a little more coverage) it gives a great even result. I find this to be very hydrating on my skin, which is exactly what is needed after such a harsh winter.

Since wearing lipstick on a regular basis i've been really keen to start experimenting with 'statement lips'. However i haven't been brave enough to try out a red yet, instead i've been working my way up to this and testing out some bolder pink tones. My latest purchase from L'oreal is from their Rogue Caresse Range, Colour 203 'Rock 'n Mauve'. This appears to be quite a dramatic purple, but when applied to the lips is more of a dark pink. The main reason I love this lipstick is because it's so moisturising and hydrates your lips without feeling greasy. I've worn this lipstick on a few nights and found i've only needed to re-apply it once throughout the whole evening, which at under £9 is definitely value for money.


What lipsticks have you been wearing this week?

The Body shops all-in-one BB Cream - £12.00




No comments:

Post a Comment