Monday, April 1, 2013

March favourites

This month has been a gold mine of new products and it's been really hard to choose just a handful as my favourites. My main weakness is definitely buying new make up and this seems to have extended to cover skincare and hair products too...


I'm going to start with my star buy of the month which has to be Boots coconut & almond Leave in conditioner. This is by far the easiest leave in conditioner I've ever used as you simply spray in just before drying. There's no water, no mess and no fussing around timing how long it needs to be left in. I love the smell but it's not so over powering that you smell like a fruit salad. I've been using this daily and my hair is so much softer and easier to manage, and at £1.39 a bottle it is amazing value for money.

Next up is a soap and glory gem - Dr Spot. I asked for some suggestions of a fast acting spot remedy and this seemed to crop up the most so i decided to take it for a spin. It's a gel formula which is designed to help reduce the redness and calm inflamed spots immediately. I have been using this product twice daily on any pesky blemishes that have cropped up and it definitely helps to soothe them. This formula is quite strong and dries out the skin so i would be careful with over-use but it's one to keep in the drawer in case of unwanted visitors.

I've invested in a few new foundations this month and one that I've been really impressed with is the Revlon Nearly Naked in colour Nude (150). I picked this up in a Boots 3-for-2 deal (every girls downfall) and have been using this as an evening foundation. This coverage is quite heavy for me and i was worried it may irritate my skin but it's been fantastic. It gives a very natural finish and doesn't leave you looking like you're caked in make up. I've been teaming this with another high street bargain from Collection 2000 which is their Lasting perfection concealer. This is perfect for anyone with pesky spots or dark circles as it comes with a little wand. I tend to use a small brush to buff it in but it gives excellent coverage. 



My last make up favourite this month is another Smashbox purchase but this time it's for eyebrows. I don't spend a lot of time on my eyebrows as i have such a heavy fringe you can never see them. However i'm thinking about giving the fringe up (gulp) so I've been trying to keep on top of eyebrow maintenance  The Smashbox Brow tech to go is a eyebrow crayon rather than a pencil and has a slightly thicker texture. It doesn't require sharpening so is always ready to use, and has a slightly slanted edge which makes it easy to define shape. This product also includes a small gel and brush on the end which is designed to help the eyebrow stay into place once it's been brushed and drawn in. I really like this as it makes everything look neater! 

My last March favourite is the Barry M gelly polish or as it's formally known 'Hi Shine Gel effect polish'. I am a big fan of Barry M and own most of the colours (oops) but i wasn't convinced this polish would be any better than the standard formula. However after reading overwhelmingly good reviews i gave into pressure and purchased the polish in Prickly Pear (a pastal purple) and Papaya (a beautiful coral). The colours are gorgeous and look really summery, but what's most impressive about these varnishes is the shine. The gelly formula not only makes the colour pop but gives a lovely sheen to the finish. The texture seems to be thicker than the standard varnishes so you only need one layer and the last is fantastic. 

So that is where all my money has gone this month. What have you been buying this month?


Dr Spot - £8


No comments:

Post a Comment