Monday, April 1, 2013

On my face this week #4

This weeks face has been all about simplicity and (as usual) keeping things as straightforward as possibly. With Boots AND Superdrug having 3 for 2 offers over the last few weeks (sorry bank balance) I have introduced some new products into my routine that I absolutely love.

This weeks focus has definitely been creating a good base. As someone who suffers from spots regularly i need a primer that smooths out my skin, providing me with a good canvas to work with. Enter Smashbox photo finish foundation primer! I'd read a lot about this before purchasing and it definitely lived up to the hype. I've been applying this primer straight after moisturising and have found it really helps to soften my skin as its texture is so silky and smooth. I'm always on the hunt for products that give me brighter skin, and this product definitely gives a glowing finish as well as helping my make up to last for much longer. I've been teaming this with the Me Me Me Beat the blues illuminator. Unfortunately i cannot take credit for this combination and i have the lovely ladies Nouvelle Daily to thank for this discovery! The idea of an illuminator is to highlight the good bits (the cheekbones or the brows) and combining this fantastic highlighter with the Smashbox primer makes my skin look dewy and iridescent  It's a perfect spring look, and takes no effort to pop a bit on in the mornings.


My next must have this week has to be the L'oreal false lash telescopic mascara. I'm fussy when it comes to mascara as i have quite sensitive eyes and not very much lash to work with but this mascara has ticked all the boxes. It delivers more on length then it does on volume, which is perfect for a natural, day time look. I absolutely adore the brush, it's very long and delicate which means you don't end up with huge clumps. As someone who doesn't wear any other eye make up i like some definition to my eyes and this mascara is ideal for that.

Last but certainly not least is my favourite product of this week (drum roll please) the long awaited and anticipated CC cream! I've been waiting to get my hands on a CC cream since their launch and after reading some positive reviews i decided to go with the L'oreal Paris Nude Magique CC Anti-Dullness Cream (what a mouthful). Now CC stands for 'Colour correcting' and the idea is it targets skin imperfections such as dullness or red patches, giving you a very even skin tone. I tend to have quite a dull complexion so i went for the anti-dullness which is a mauve colour. The texture of the cream is similar to a tinted moisturiser and gives a light coverage, so is perfect for the summer months. The formula is pigmented so it blends to your skin tone giving a flawless finish. It still baffles me that the cream blends so well without being initially matched to your skin tone, but it works! The product is very creamy and glides onto the skin wonderfully without making the skin feel heavy. I would definitely recommend this as a foundation replacement as i find even with my spotty skin it gives a very even coverage and even better it doesn't clog my pores, instead helping my skin to feel much clearer. 


What do you think of the new CC craze? 



1 comment:

  1. I've not had a chance to try the new CC creams, but they sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete