Monday, September 16, 2013

Illuminating bases

No girl can deny that she hasn't looked at Millie Mackintosh's skin at some point and been incredibly jealous. Everybody loves a glowing complexion, and clear, dewy skin is the look every girl is aiming for. But in reality we don't have the time, or money (If only we could all have our own skincare range designed by Elizabeth Caroline), to get that kind of skin easily. So we have to improvise. In my attempt to get this sought after skin I have gone through quite a few illuminating bases. They go by several names, have several different price tags but all aim to do the same thing; give you a flawless finish. In order to save you time (and money) I've decided to cut out the middle man, and present to you my top three illuminating bases!


(L-R: No.7 skin illuminator, L'oreal lumi magique, Chanel sheer illuminating)

First of we have the cheapest of the bunch, L'oreal Lumi Magique Primer. This primer promises to enrich the skin whilst highlighting and adding contouring to the face. I found this product to be pretty good when applied to my cheekbones and under my brows, as it gave a very subtle glow. This is a perfect product for anyone who is a little nervous of highlighters (it is a very fine line between looking glowy and shiny) as it doesn't make you greasy and you can immediately see the effect it has on your skin. I definitely wouldn't use this product all over as it may make you appear a little ghostlike...

The second skin illuminator is a No. 7 product which is described as a 'Radiance boosting beauty fluid' (it definitely sounds scarier than it is!) This product is more of an all rounder, as it can be used as a highlighter on isolated parts of your face, or mixed with your foundation to give an all over glow. I tend to mix this with a CC cream, as it blends perfectly to give a lovely texture. It looks slightly sparkly in the tube which I was worried may result in me looking like I was on my way to an 80's disco, but it has a very subtle shine. The texture of this is thicker than any other base I've used, which means very little is needed to cover the face. This is great for an everyday make up essential, and the brush attached to the end makes it easy to apply evenly. 

My last illuminating gem is the best of the bunch, although unfortunately the priciest. Le Blanc De Chanel sheer illuminating base was a purchase I made after reading reams of positive reviews, and it is definitely an investment I don't regret. Not only does this product smooth out skin, making it feel and look fresh, it also helps to combat any redness or discoloring on the skin. The base is very slightly scented but is not at all overwhelmingly flowery, and has a silky texture. I tend to wear this product under a very light foundation, and it provides a perfect canvas! This sheer liquid is designed to be applied all over the skin, with a little extra on the areas to enhance. This is without a doubt the ideal purchase for anyone who wants beautiful skin without putting on layers of make up. Easy, effortless and with amazing results.

What are your favourite illuminators?

No. 7 Skin illumiator Radiance boosting beauty fluid - £11

No comments:

Post a Comment