Saturday, September 21, 2013

Smashbox Photo Finish Blemish control primer


I am a huge fan of Smashbox products, especially their amazing primers, so when I spotted this new product I snapped it up without a second thought. I am an avid user of their classic Photo Finish primer, and this just seemed to be catered more closely to my skin type. I read realms of positive reviews before using, and it seemed to be the perfect partner for my blemish prone skin. This primer is described as being 'breathable' which is exactly what I look for, something that doesn't make my skin feel heavy and provides a good canvas for my foundation. And it also contains salicyclic acid, which is a good ingredient to look out for if you are prone to spotty skin, as it helps to calm and clear up.  All the boxes were ticked, the hopes were high and the expectations great. And it didn't deliver. I was really disappointed with the results! I hate to be negative about products but I used this primer for two weeks (Giving it a very fair trial) and I wasn't at all impressed. I found the texture to be very greasy and thin, unlike the original photo finish primer. The end result wasn't a velvet finish, but felt very wet and sticky. I tried using different amounts, but i found using less had no effect and using more made my skin feel damp. I also quickly realised that using this seemed to encourage my make up to melt into my face, leaving me looking very frazzled by the end of the day! Lasting power in make up is very important, and I felt bare by the end of the day when using this primer. I also felt let down by the lack of effect this had on helping to clear up my skin, it didn't feel help my skin to feel fresh but left me looking very sallow and dull. Maybe it's me being fussy but I think I'll stick to the original in the future. 




1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this primer, i've been using it for two weeks so far and my skin is clearing up, its so hydrating as well! Love this!!
    My opinion :) x

    ReplyDelete