Thursday, January 2, 2014

Beauty Resolutions

Christmas has come and gone in a flurry of tinsel, sausage rolls and copious amounts of fizzy alcohol. The Christmas (and New Year) parties have been attended and slowly normality is creeping back. I am generally pretty lazy (New years resolution #1 is to make my bed every day, after 24 years I still can't manage to do it) but when it comes to skincare I don't mine putting in the extra time and effort. Therefore I have decided to make a list of Beauty resolutions that are manageable, and hopefully in the long term will make my everyday routines much easier. 

#1 - Deep cleanse
Generally I am pretty good at sticking to a morning and evening skincare routine. However it is very rare that I take the time to give my skin a really good pamper. Therefore this year my top priority is to give my skin some intense tlc at least once a week. I'm talking face masks, several cleansers and various moisturisers and potions. As part of this resolution I picked up the Clarasonic Mia 2 in the sales, which i solemnly swear to use on a daily basis to give my skin a real polish. My excitement when getting the Clarasonic was so ridiculous that i doubt this will be a problem to stick to!

#2 - Hair care
This is a resolution that I dipped into during the last few weeks of 2013 and one that has been a long time coming. I'm pretty lucky with the natural condition of my hair and because of this I can be pretty lazy in the hair department. However I have decided 2014 is the year I embrace the hair mask. I think it's about time I treat my hair to some real love and I plan to slather it in coconut oil and overnight masks until it doesn't recognise itself. Most importantly I promise to use heat protecting spray everyday...or at least most days.

#3 - Talon maintenance 
I love nail varnish, and these days I can't walk past a boots without popping in and picking up a new polish. However I am guilty of having chipped nails most of the time. Because of my job I spend the majority of my day doing arts and crafts or trying to tidy up after a class of 4 year olds so my nails get in a state of disarray quite quickly. My aim this year is to keep on top of my nails so they're always looking polished - even if it means re-painting them every night. How long can I keep that up?!

#4 - A blonde moment
This is more of an adventurous beauty wish then a resolution. I have always wanted to have blonde hair and in my teenage youth I did attempt to turn my chocolate brown locks a dusky blonde. However it ended in several bottles of empty hair dye and bright orange hair with white roots, not exactly the dream. So this year is the year I do blonde properly. Even if it only lasts for a month I want to tick it off the wishlist for good. 

What are your beauty resolutions for 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment