Thursday, April 10, 2014

March Favourites

This month I have compiled a list of absolute gems! I've missed my last two monthly favourites due to a very hectic and busy period of time, but that just means this months round up is extra fantastic!


First of all I have a few Soap & Glory products. I am a big fan of Soap & Glory, and I'm especially partial to their scrubs (see review here) but this is the first time I've added so many Glory additions to my daily routine. The first two I cannot take credit for as they were gifts, but they've turned out to be staples in my getting ready ritual. First is Bright here bright now instant-radiance energy boost balm. This is an amazing balm that aims to add brightness and glow to dull, tired skin. It's applied as a moisturiser before foundation (or can be mixed with foundation, although I've never tried this) and definitely gives a beautiful glow to skin. The consistency is quite thick but melts into the skin effortlessly, resulting in an illuminated complexion. I've found this is especially good for hangover skin (!) that really needs an extra boost to look alive. I've been combining this with You won't believe your eyes, a mositurising serum designed to add some sparkle to peepers that have lost their zing. I find this is very cooling on my eyes as it is applied by three small rollers. The consistency of the serum is very thin, but it doesn't feel greasy or watery. It really helps to combat discolouration under the eye, as well as helping make up glide on seamlessly. 

You won't believe your eyes brightening moisture serum

My third Soap & Glory product (I sound obsessed!) is No clogs allowed deep pore detox mask. This is a self-heating mask that heats up once water is applied to the skin. It is designed to dig deep and clean out all those pesky pores. I originally purchased this as a face mask to use when I'm having a super detox day, but it's been so effective I have been using it as part of my Sunday night ritual. This face mask leaves my skin feelings really soft for a few days after I've used it, and has definitely helped to combat a few horrible clogged pores on my chin. Just as a little warning the heating sensation is slightly odd when you first apply the mask, takes a little getting used to!

My next product is from La Roche-Posay, a brand I've never used before but had heard lots of amazing things about. I picked up La Roche-Posay Effaclar purifying foaming gel as it was on offer and I was after a foaming gel wash to replace my Origins Never a Dull moment beauty (sob), and I have been really impressed with the results. First of all the bottle is absolutely huge and the small cap only lets a small amount out, meaning no wasted product. I've been using this daily for a month and not even a small dent has been made in my bottle so far, definitely worth every penny. Secondly the product itself is extremely luxurious. It has a very subtle but clean smell and the texture is really thick, literally making it a gel, unlike some other gel cleansers. The products foams up really nicely, although I would suggest rubbing it together in wet hands thoroughly before applying to the face, as this definitely has the best results. I tend to use this product with my clarisonic and it works beautifully. One of the biggest differences I've noticed since using this is the lack of shine across my t-zone. Granted my skin isn't particularly oily, but since using this regularly I've found my skin is less prone to shininess and seems to be much smoother in the problem areas (namely my chin). 

Next up is a hairspray (possibly the first time I've ever blogged about a hairspray). Hairspray is a product used daily by most girls, so its general consensus that it can be difficult to find a good hairspray without spending a small fortune. Enter V05 Ultimate Hold Hairspray. This is something I picked up on a whim in Boots when i was re-purchasing Give me texture (see review here) and I am really glad I decided to give it a whirl. From the perspective of a girl with a heavy fringe, I need a spray that's going to hold my fringe in place but not give it a wet or sticky finish. I've found with this spray that the finish is really glossy (not glittery!) and it keeps any stray hairs in place. I've also found it's pretty good for backcombing hair, as it doesn't leave sticky residue behind and it has a glorious smell, which helps when you spray as much as I do! A worthwhile product to try out, at a fraction of the price for other hairsprays of this calibre. 

Last but not least is a slightly odd product. I received this in a Glossy Box before Christmas, and in the hecticness of the festive season it got popped in a cupboard only to emerge when I was having a clear out. Elegant Touch Rapid dry is a spray which is applied to nails once they have been painted and is designed to dry them within sixty seconds. It may seem slightly pointless, but for someone who paints their nails as much as I do, and mostly before I go to bed, it's a little bit of a life saver. This spray does a really good job of drying nails in ultra quick time, doing exactly what it says on the tin. Wonderful!

So that rounds up my March favourites, what have you been using this month?

Elegant Touch - £3.05



No comments:

Post a Comment